Cognitive behavioral therapy is often a part of a diverse and productive treatment plan for substance abuse and mental illness. The material outlined below will discuss what this specific treatment entails. It will also talk about the many benefits that cognitive behavioral therapy can provide.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a form of intensive treatment that helps a person identify and change problem thoughts and actions. When self-defeating thoughts lead to self-injurious behaviors, this form of therapy can help an individual make many beneficial changes.
What Benefits Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Provide?
CBT can provide a wealth of essential benefits that touch many parts of an individual’s life. Keep in mind the following advantages associated with this technique:
- Implements life skills– Once a person learns to control their thinking patterns, many different positive changes can happen in their life. In many cases, the process of learning to control their thoughts and behaviors can apply to almost every other aspect of life.
- Promotes healthy relationships– Relationships can be weighed down by negative thoughts and behaviors that promote distrust and poor communication. These problems can be handled appropriately through behavioral modification techniques.
- Furthers careers– Those struggling with the impacts of self-defeating thoughts and actions can become stuck in a non-productive loop in the work field. Making positive changes to their thought processes can help them have a more satisfying career.
- Identifies personal triggers– Every person has unique events and experiences that trigger strong cravings for drugs or alcohol. Identifying these triggers and learning to deal with them is essential to a full recovery experience.
- Relapse prevention strategies– Relapse is a frightening prospect. The positive changes that behavioral modification techniques can bring about can help a person set up a successful relapse prevention strategy.
How Can Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Help?
CBT can be an effective form of treatment in addressing numerous problems. In addition to the benefits of a standard 12 step program, behavioral therapies can help change thought patterns that make substance abuse more likely to continue. By gaining greater control over their thought processes, people can learn to predict and deal with cravings in a timely fashion.
Choosing Between Different Treatment Facility Options for CBT
Many types of rehab treatment centers exist. They all share the common goal of helping people just like you to overcome substance abuse and mental illness successfully. They have the in-depth knowledge and tools needed to help you deal with immediate and long-term issues. How can you be sure you’re making a wise choice for your particular situation?
The best thing you can do is discuss the factors that are most important to you with your close family members. As a united front, you can talk about the things that influence your family life the most. As you meet with different prospective treatment centers, you can ask as many questions as you need to determine if each center lines up with the factors that are most important to your family.
About The Willows
The Willows is a respected women’s rehabilitation facility offering diverse addiction treatment services in Fairview, NC. The personal female-only setting allows women to feel safe and secure in the treatment process. The serene and compassionate environment provides the ultimate healing experience for a brighter future.
Don’t let substance abuse or mental illness keep you from fulfilling your future goals and dreams. Our professional treatment staff can provide you with the cognitive behavioral therapy you need. Call 855-773-0614 to find out how The Willows can get you started down a path to healing and happiness.