Once you decide to seek treatment for drug and alcohol dependency, one of your first concerns may be paying for addiction rehab. The cost of treatment varies widely from one facility to the next. Luxury rehab centers can be very pricey, with the added cost sometimes coming from extras such as spa services. Free treatment programs are available, but they can have a long waiting list.
You may have to use more than one payment method for your treatment, and that is fine. Cost should never stand in the way of improving your health and well-being.
Paying for Addiction Rehab: Does Your Health Insurance Cover It?
If you have health insurance, look at your policy to see what types of rehab services it covers. Current healthcare legislation in the U.S. requires insurance carriers to treat a dependency on drugs and alcohol just like any other medical condition. Therefore, they have to provide some coverage for it.
Depending on your individual plan, your insurance company may be the one paying for addiction rehab completely. Or, it may only cover certain services, such as outpatient treatment or a maximum of 30 days inpatient. You would be responsible for the remaining costs.
It is essential to know exactly what your provider will cover if you need financial assistance. If you have chosen a rehab facility, the staff there can usually conduct insurance verification for you.
Paying for Addiction Rehab: Additional Methods to Get This Important Treatment
Whether your health insurance pays a portion of your treatment costs or not, you may need help paying for addiction rehab, such as:
- Savings: Consider using some of your savings or even some of your retirement/401K money. Treatment is an investment in your health and future, and it is worth dipping into a retirement account if necessary.
- Loan: You may be able to secure a short-term loan to pay for treatment.
- Friends and family: Your loved ones usually are the ones waiting for you to enter rehab. They may be willing to loan or give you money toward treatment. If you feel uncomfortable asking for money, see if they can pay the rehab facility directly so that they know exactly where it is going.
- Finance plan: Some treatment centers offer financing options, which they may go over with you before the rehab admissions process.
- Government grants: Again, this option is not available for everyone, but it is another way some people can get financial assistance for rehab.
These are just some ideas for paying for addiction rehab you can try. You might also sell some extra items you no longer use to raise money or look into nonprofit treatment facilities, which provide no- to low-cost services.
With all the options available, there is no reason not to seek treatment.
Begin Your Recovery at The Willows at Red Oak Recovery
The Willows at Red Oak Recovery is a women-only addiction treatment center in Fairview, North Carolina. Here, young women can begin their recovery in a safe, supportive environment on a peaceful old horse farm. Our dual-licensed clinicians provide an effective combination of treatments to facilitate healing and positive growth. We specifically address issues that impact substance abuse, including mental health, trauma and eating disorders.
The programs and services we offer include:
- Residential treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Experiential therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Meditation therapy
If you or a loved one needs treatment for drug and alcohol dependency, contact The Willows at Red Oak Recovery. Your new beginning, free from the damage that substance abuse has done, can start now. Call us today at 855-773-0614 to learn more about paying for addiction rehab.