Finding the right rehab program can be overwhelming. It can be challenging for many women to find a safe, inclusive treatment program that fits their specific needs. While there are many approaches to addiction recovery, 12-step programs have a long history of success among women. Here are some reasons a 12-step addiction recovery program might help a woman in your life.
If you or a young woman in your life is living with addiction, a 12-step addiction recovery program in North Carolina can help. Call The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® today at 855.773.0614 to learn more about our 12-step program for women ages 18-35 in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.
What Is a 12-Step Program?
12-step programs are a therapeutic approach to addiction recovery. Originating with Alcoholics Anonymous or AA, there are now dozens of different types of 12-step programs to help those in recovery meet their needs. As the name suggests, a 12-step program helps members progress through 12 crucial steps to reach sobriety. By working through each step, members work on achievable goals slowly over time. This can reduce feelings of being overwhelmed and help those in recovery take things one day at a time.
The first 12-step program originated under Christian faith teaching, but many secular 12-step programs now exist. Generally, the 12 steps someone in recovery goes through are:
- Honesty: Admitting they have no control over their addiction
- Faith: Believing a higher power or forces outside themselves can promote healing.
- Surrender: Surrendering to a higher power and asking for help to recover.
- Soul searching: Understanding their behavioral patterns and how they affect others.
- Integrity: Admitting their faults and wrongdoings.
- Acceptance: Accepting their faults and letting go.
- Humility: Asking for help.
- Willingness: Making a list of those they have hurt in the past.
- Forgiveness: Seeking forgiveness from those they have wronged.
- Maintenance: Taking personal inventory.
- Making contact: Seeking a higher purpose and life plan without addiction.
- Service: Become a service to something greater than themselves and their addiction.
While working through the 12 steps, women gather with other women in recovery through 12-step meetings. Those who’ve completed the program may act as sponsors, helping new members through the challenges they face in each step. Through group therapeutic support, women feel seen and heard. They also begin to shift their perspective, realizing their addiction, trauma, or disordered eating stories are not so different from those of other women.
Finding a 12-Step Addiction Recovery Program for Women in North Carolina
12-step programs are one of the most inclusive, successful approaches to addiction recovery. This continued form of group therapy helps keep young women accountable, sober, and connected. In addition, there are similar programs throughout the world, so they can find support if they are traveling or need to leave the area.
If you or a young woman in your life is looking for a 12 step addiction recovery program, call The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® today. Our beautiful Asheville, North Carolina program helps young women ages 18-35 recover from addiction, trauma, and co-occurring disorders. Our programs include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Alcohol treatment
- Heroin treatment
- Opioid and opiate treatment
- Prescription drug treatment
- Trauma treatment
- Disordered eating treatment
At The Willows at Red Oak Recovery®, we believe long-term rehab can provide young women the sanctuary they need to recover. With a continuum of care, our clients transition into sober living homes and a range of aftercare programs.
Call The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® Today
Please don’t wait another day. Call The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® now at 855.773.0614 to learn more about the benefits of our 12-step programs for young women in North Carolina today.